Re: 215 CI Buick Mill

To: mmeswarb@huntel.net
Subject: Re: 215 CI Buick Mill
From: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 20:49:45 -0800
At 10:07 AM 1/21/98 -0600, mmeswarb@huntel.net wrote:
>Sorry, but this sounds like a case of: "The older I get the faster I
>was".  I'd like to see a picture of anyone doing this, especially a high
>school kid. I just weighed the bare block in my basement. No crank,
>pistons, rods, heads, nothing.  It weighs 75 pounds.
>
>No offense,
>Mark

Mark and all.....

Nope, don't think Rich is exagerating.  At the ripe old age of 41 though, I
know how he feels.  When I was in college, long after Rich was in high
school, I weighed in at about 195.  My sophomore year I used to pick up
bear kegs (not ponies mind you,) and haul them about a mile from the road
to our river party site....no stopping and no rest periods.  Could not
afford to let the brew get warm in that hot sun.  At Western Illinois
University, we had to keep our reputation at Playboy's #1 party school in
the nation.  Could very well be the reason that I transfered to Oregon
State between my sophomore and junior years.......

Nope, don't surprise me a bit.

Regards,

Allan
B9472373