Re: [Fwd: Oil Filters] From the NCAC list

To: "Dobrowski, Robert S" <Robert.Dobrowski@JSF.Boeing.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Oil Filters] From the NCAC list
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 10:01:56 -0800

"Dobrowski, Robert S" wrote:

> Steve
> Good job with the net search.
> Assuming you are right about the thinley disguised competitors and filter F
> is Fram, it sure looks like Fram puts out a high quality filter from a
> filtration capability standpoint.

Thanks, Bob

Even assuming the data is accurate, it does not cover the newer SAE spec, nor
does any of the listings talk about reliability and durability under hard use
conditions.  One would have to make assumptions on those based upon one test
characteristic.  I believe the FRAM complaints were in the mature of quality,
and could fail to provide reliability.

The original site we were given, however, does have an important data set,
size.

The "replacements" for the FL1-A are not all exact.  I personally examined
some of them and they are, as indicated, longer and wider than the
Motorsport.  It might give trouble in the right angle adapter clearances,
where the FL1A does not.  I did but the "PureONE PL30001, as it is the same
outside dimensions, and looks to be well constructed.  $5.99 at Pep Boys.
Anyway, the can is pretty.

--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >