Re: Race Driver Quiz

To: MrZAG57@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Race Driver Quiz
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 12:50:34 -0700
At 11:21 PM 4/18/99 -0400, MrZAG57@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 4/18/99 1:29:18 PM, rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu writes:
>
><<     http://www.popsci.com/automotive/motorsports/quiz/>>
>
>Having raced my Alpine in the 70's & 80's and undertaking a complete
>refitting of the car in preparation for the USRRC Senior Series this year, I
>was pleased to have scored well.

Mr. Zag,

I guess in your case this was more a test of the test, since your own
performance has already been well established. I thought the article about
measuring the drivers cardio-vascular and reaction time performance was
very interesting too. Maybe spending a few more hours on the old
Stairmaster might be a good idea to improve your own physical preparation
in addition to what you're doing to the car. I'm thinking it would be a
good idea for myself too. Good luck with the upcoming race season.

Can I assume from the lack of other responses that you were the only one to
fare well on this test?

TTFN,

Bob
Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com