Re: Tiger info

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Andrew Powney <Andrew.Powney@SouthAfrica.NCR.COM>
Subject: Re: Tiger info
From: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@www.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 12:32:42 -0500
Andrew Powney wrote:

> James
>
> I have subscribed to the digest version of the Tiger list and read your
> response, re being located 100 miles away...
>
> I am in a similar position, only several thousand miles away.
>
> Question, from one not used to using 'lists' for info requests.  I sent the
> following message to   'tigers@autox.team.net' and had no replies nor did I
> see it on the digest.  Did I do something incorrect.
>
> Your help will be appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Andrew Powney
> Account Manager
> National Data Systems
> Tel 082 802 0552
> > AndrewP@nds.co.za
> Andrew_Powney@Hotmail.com
>
> _______________-
>
> Hi,
>
> Three questions from a new Tiger owner in South Africa.
>
> 1) Where can I get hold of a copy of the Norm book from?
>
> 2) Any suggestions as to why when the fuel tank is over half full, do I get
> a very strong smell of petrol inside the car, especially when accelerating?
> Is this common?  So strong that I don't let people smoke inside the car!
> Also, unrelated, my fuel gage only reads 3/4 full when the tank is full.
>
> 3) The most worrying.  When the car was rebuilt (over 8 years ago) the body
> was not mounted square on the chassis.  Well it is square, just off to one
> side by about 3/4 of an inch.  Hardly noticeable, unless you corner at speed
> and the ground is not flat.  The front right wheel catches the wheel arch,
> makes an terrible sound and is causing damage to the panel and scratching
> the tyre.  What can be done?  Stiffer springs so it doesn't travel so much?
>
> Please keep the answers simple as I am not an engineer.
>
> Apart from that, the car is great.  It is perfect for the climate and
> stunning scenery of Cape Town.  Also, like the USA, petrol is really
> inexpensive.  I am not sure I could afford to run it if I took it back to
> the UK!
>
> Thanks in anticipation.
>
> Andrew Powney
> AndrewP@NDS.co.zaAndrew,

I forwarded this to the list as well so you should see the correct
address (appears to be the same one you used).

To answer at least 2 of your questions:  I believe The Book of Norman is
out of print and out of stock.  Sorry, but it is unlikely anybody will
be willing to part with their copy.  Maybe Norm can be pursuaded into
another printing.

I had a similar problem with a '65 Mustang.  The rubber hole between the
gas tank and filler cap was cracked, releasing gasoline into the trunk
whenever the car was filled up.  Check the line running between the two
fender tanks for a crack.

Good luck and welcome to the list.

Jim Pickard
B9473298