tire size

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: tire size
From: Jeff Hacker <alpine@kiva.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 00:46:30 -0600
Question about tire size...  here's the deal.
I recently bought a set of used alloy wheels in perfect condition for my
tiger and saved about $400 off new price.  There is almost new tires
mounted at this time, however, on 14 X6 wheels - 215 14 60's
on the rear 14 X 7 's - 235 14 60's.  I was hoping to use at least the
215's for the back 'cause the tires have less then 1K on them. But it
looks like it may be too close for comfort.  I have 195 14 60's on
front of the Alpine , w/ 205's on back.  Should I just waste these tires
and go w/ the smaller tires ?  Is 215's too big ?

thanks in advance ...