Fwd: Spray Paint

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Spray Paint
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 21:59:23 EST
Steve

I did the same thing with my MK IA.  I used an old
Alpine washer bottle, basket, and bracket.  It fits
very nicely under the stock header tank.  Looks
almost stock.  I replaced the radiator cap with
a coolant recovery cap so that when hot the
expanded coolant goes into the tank and when
it cools it is sucked back in the header tank.
When cold about 1 to 2 inches of coolant remains
in the washer bottle.  The hot water seems to
have not hurt the washer bottle.  The trick is to use
the right type of radiator cap. If you use a non
recovery cap (like stock) you lose the vacuum
in the system.

Does it help.  I don't know but it can't hurt.

Dave Johnson, B382002668, Aurora, IL