old age

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: old age
From: jimboynton@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 21:51:42 +0000
Listers,

In June of 1966 I purchased a Mk1A in Laconia, NH for $3500. Which by the way
was a fortune for a young single school teacher. By that time the Tigers were
being sold under the Chrysler dealership.  For the next two years most of my
pay went to the Tiger, rent and food. Here I was single with a red sports car
and no money left to date with.

In April of 1970 I got married and my new wife though the Tiger was to small so
the following month I traded it in for an American Motors AMX. I still wanted a
sports like car but something a little larger. It had the 390 with Go Pack and
4-speed. That was eventually sold in 1973 to a college student. No room in that
car either for a growing family. Within 5 years I owned two cars that I wish I
still had.

By 2000 the kids were gone and the money was available to buy my second Tiger.
This one (had to be red like the first) was purchased from A St Louis Classic
Car dealer in Aug of 2001 for $17,900.

Jim