Re: Age (again)

To: "Tiger Digest" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Age (again)
From: "Bob Dixon" <bobdixon@frii.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:51:40 -0700 (MST)
I guess I'll chime in.  I have wanted a Tiger since I was 15.  My dad told
me about them.  I have always been a car nut, having gone through many
musclecars, sports cars, and over the last 12 years or so, practical cars.
 The bug hit me again and I convinced my wife, while she was vacationing
in Ireland with her dad, that there was a nice green 4 door (read that
'family') car that I wanted to buy.  Well, I bought it while she was gone
since she didn't outright say I couldn't.  It happend to be a supercharged
BMW M3.  It took a while for my wounds to heal after that.  I then
convinced her that I needed to learn how to drive it safely in controlled
environments (these little social events called autocross and driving
schools).  Now the stage was set.

My next step was to convince her that instead of having an expensive BMW
mechanic do engine work and maintenance that I could do the work myself if
I had an older car.  By now she was on to me and agreed I could get a
Tiger if she got dollar for dollar what I spend on the car.

Bought a rootbeer brown, interestingly flared, Tiger from Bill Martin a
little over a year ago.  Sold the M3.  I am 41. A total of 2 months older
than my car.

I'm putting together a website of the restoration.  I'll send out a link
in the next week or so.

Bob
B9471388