Re: [Tigers] Hollywood Sports Car #55

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hollywood Sports Car #55
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:15:47 -0700
Resending becasue of trailer not being deleted...
mayf

Hi guys! While at Bonneville  in October a friend brought me a copy  of
Classic Motorsports magazine, Issue #129, November 2007 because it has a
great article on Doane Spencer's #55 car. It has apparently been
completely restored to better than it ever was. There are two photos
showing the front and rear hubs with the wheels removed. At least in
this versoinof the car, they are true knock offs with pin drives.  The
article mentions that the wheels are "unobtanium HSC cast wheels". The
tires are brand new, having never been on the ground before and were
donated by a man who knew the driver of the GT 350 that beat Doane out
of the C production title in 1968  and he was happy to donate the tires
to the resto project. The hood was found in an attic of a gentle man who
had owns a tiger and it had the #55 car's hood on it for some odd
reason, now lost to history but he made a donation to the restoration as
well. . If anyone is a fan of this car as I am, then please find a copy
of this magazine! the article runs about 8 pages and that's a lot these
days.

mayf