Re: [Tigers] 9473127 LROFE

To: "'Cullen McCann'" <cmccann@lwpb.com>, <drmayf@mayfco.com>, "'Scott
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 9473127 LROFE
From: "Jim" <jim@island.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 19:07:24 -0700
..." heres one for ya...my car didnt have the spec plate...and no holes
where it would have been. Why did some have it and some didnt?"...

There's some info on those spec plates on Norm's site ...  quoting...

The large "specification plate" is only proper for Tigers with chassis
numbers beginning "B947".

This is the correct arrangement of ID elements for early 1966 MK 1s with
chassis numbers below "B382001200".   The exact point at which a change
order eliminates the drilling of  cowls for a "spec. plate" that is no
longer being installed, is still unknown.

( the picture shows a cowl with 4 rivets where the spec plate should be but
no plate...mine is that way... 000446 ... and all Mk1A's approx. after
001200 and the MKII's had no holes OR plate...)