Re: [Tigers] Drop Spindles

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Drop Spindles
From: "Jim & Carolyn Burruss" <cburruss@hiwaay.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:16:29 -0600
When I rebuilt the suspension on my '65 Tiger, which I had lowered with
shorter springs many years earlier, I switched to a set of the dropped
spindles.  I acquired them from a friend who had imported three sets from
Australia.  The dropped spindles, plus a minor modification to my lower shock
mounts, restored some of my previously lost suspension travel.  As previously
stated, the drop spindles alone lower the car 7/8".  My car is about 1.5"
lower than stock, has shortened CAT springs and 205/60-13 tires, and I have
never bottomed the oil pan.

Lowering a car by shortening the springs will affect bump steer.  Using the
drop spindles with stock height springs (and stock A-arm mounting points) will
not alter bump steer characteristics.

Jim Burruss