Re: [Tigers] 2014 Worlds Fastest Sunbeam Motor Candidate

To: "drmayf@mayfco.com" <drmayf@mayfco.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 2014 Worlds Fastest Sunbeam Motor Candidate
From: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 18:58:30 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Ah, SHO Taurus, my green 1991 was the only car I have ever owned that was
bought back under our state's Lemon Law. Great engine, everything attached to
it was a POS. Be aware that the later automatic cars ('92 - on?) were 3.2
liter, you need to find a manual tranny version to stay under that magical 3.0
liter bogie.

As a side note I bought a '96 SHO 3.4 liter V-8 engine, also a 60 degree
layout, out of a low mileage junker several years ago to use as a potential
engine swap into something small and Miata-like. Did not know at the time
about the cam sprocket loosening issues, this engine had fallen victim and
most of the valves were tweeked so it became a nice piece of scrap metal. It
was a neat little engine, too bad.

Here's a '89 SHO 3.0 liter in Vegas:
http://www.automotix.net/usedengines/1989-ford-taurus-inventory.html?fit_note
s=7a834fbaf84c4cf74707388f1af6a757&seq_num=3

And a Depends-load of '91 3.0 automatics around the country:
http://www.automotix.net/usedengines/1991-ford-taurus-inventory.html?fit_note
s=53018f94eded282c47f29ae44a6e472d&seq_num=2

Good hunting!

Bugz