Re: [Tigers] 2014 Worlds Fastest Sunbeam Motor Candidate

To: "'Cullen1972'" <cmccann1972@gmail.com>, <michael@michaelshortt.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 2014 Worlds Fastest Sunbeam Motor Candidate
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 10:43:49 -0500
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Cullen, et al:

The Shogun was a project that Rick Titus, son of former automotive
journalist and Shelby team Trans-Am driver Jerry Titus, was heavily involved
in.  From what I remember, Rick got together with a group of investors and
was going to build these cars for the retail market.  They were indeed Ford
Festivas on steroids; Taurus SHO engines and transaxles mounted in the rear
of a heavily modified Festiva.  What I can't remember is who dreamed up the
conversion; I can't remember if it was Rick or someone else.  At any rate,
the cars really went like stink but, for whatever reason, the project just
never got off the ground.  I do remember Rick coming to the Mid-America
Shelby Meet back then really excited about the project.  Greg will be able
to tell you what happened to it from that point.

Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE
TAC #740