[Tigers] Interesting Title Situation

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Interesting Title Situation
From: CoolVT--- via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 13:11:50 -0500
Full-name: CoolVT
--===============4001684740845329787==

--part1_2775e4.30322cb0.43e39ce6_boundary

I recently had the occasion to swap my Tiger  registration from a  state
that didn't require titles for older cars to Florida which does require a
title

To get a title in Florida all that was required was for the car to be
viewed and VIN verified  by Law Enforcement or DMV in the former  state.  With
this authentication and a current registration,  Florida  was willing to
issue me  a title and new registration.

This worked good for me, but I can see all kinds of illegal  possibilities.
 Say an older,  valuable car is flood damaged in  Florida or any other
state.  If it is totaled FL will not register it.  Other states might allow you
to register, but the title is stamped  "salvage".  But if you bring this car
to a state that doesn't require  titles for older cars, you can register it
without a title and at a later time  get a clean title in the process
described above.

I've heard that there is criminal activity regarding "washing" titles and I
 can see that it's possible using the above.   Mark  L
--part1_2775e4.30322cb0.43e39ce6_boundary

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUS-ASCII" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.9600.18163"></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR:=
 #000000"=20
bottomMargin=3D7 leftMargin=3D7 rightMargin=3D7 topMargin=3D7><FONT id=3Dr=
ole_document=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D3 face=3DArial>
<DIV>I recently had the occasion to swap my Tiger &nbsp;registration from=
 a=20
state that didn't require titles for older cars to Florida which does requ=
ire a=20
title</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>To get a title in Florida all that was required was for the car to be=
=20
viewed and VIN&nbsp;verified &nbsp;by Law Enforcement or DMV in the former=
=20
state.&nbsp; With this authentication and a current registration, &nbsp;Fl=
orida=20
was willing to issue me&nbsp; a title and new registration.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This worked good for me, but I can see all kinds of illegal=20
possibilities.&nbsp; Say an older, &nbsp;valuable car is flood damaged in=
=20
Florida or any other state.&nbsp; If it is totaled FL will not register it=
.=20
Other states might allow you to register, but the title is stamped=20
"salvage".&nbsp; But if you bring this car to a state that doesn't require=
=20
titles for older cars, you can register it without a title and at a later=
 time=20
get a clean title in the process described above.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I've heard that there is criminal activity regarding "washing" titles=
 and I=20
can see that it's possible using the above.&nbsp;&nbsp; Mark=20
L</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>