Re: [Tigers] Interesting Title Situation

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Interesting Title Situation
From: Tom Witt via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 11:32:27 -0800

--===============0702124009849448921==
 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0066_01D15E76.8F1624C0"

------=_NextPart_000_0066_01D15E76.8F1624C0
        charset="utf-8"

As best I know the history of my car it was in Colorado, then New Mexico =
and eventually would up in California. At some point its ID was ascribed =
to the JAL #, and not the B947XXXX number.  I=E2=80=99ve decided to =
leave it alone. In my case the RIVETS are TAC-ed as original (oh..., did =
I really say =E2=80=9Cthat=E2=80=9D word) and the B947 number is =
partnered with the JAL#.  Anyway, that also seems like another way of =
=E2=80=9Cwashing=E2=80=9D a title with states that either are not on the =
ball or indifferent to cars like the Tiger that have two identifiers. =20

Back in 1995 someone gave me a free Corvair station wagon.  All I had =
was title from Michigan that was signed and dated 21 years prior, way =
back in 1974. They readily accepted that and simply required I present =
the car (in state) for VIN verification =E2=80=93 nothing more.  From =
what I see the California DMV doesn=E2=80=99t have much issue with out =
of state cars. But in state were they are likely more liable they are =
much harder. Try buying an older car on Craigslist with =E2=80=9Cbill of =
sale only=E2=80=9D and you are in for a potentially difficult, if not =
impossible time.  I=E2=80=99ve heard these title services are well worth =
the $150 they charge. They know all the ins and outs of the process, =
many are former DMV employees themselves.