[Tigers] fuel milage

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] fuel milage
From: clyde mclaughlin via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 20:56:02 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_595839_1126658853.1639256162841

I need to preface this posting with the idea that everyone will have commen=
ts on their personal experiences and ideas about fuel milage. I don't want =
to start a two week dialog on the subject, but would like to through out a =
few of my opinions on the subject. =C2=A0First and foremost fuel mileage an=
d rear tire =C2=A0wear has a direct correlation to your right foot! Secondl=
y gearing would be the next most bang for the buck, i.e. stock 2:88's and a=
 5speed OD transmission, followed with good engine tuning. =C2=A0Tire size =
that was previously mentioned would be very negligible given the restrictio=
ns of tire/rim combinations for our Tigers. =C2=A0I recall in the 50's when=
 the hot dodders were jacking up the rear with spring shackles and other me=
thods, us sports car people laughed and figure they have done it for fuel m=
ileage because now it is going down hill all the time, Ha Ha! I can comment=
 that my car had 3:54 gears with the 4 speed and a k code engine, mileage a=
bout as poor as it gets, I currently have 3:07 gears with a 5speed and with=
 70-75 highway speed I get 23-25mpg. =C2=A0Carb fuel =C2=A0mixture is about=
 3.5% CO with less than 200HC at idle and runs very well, it will lean out =
to about 2.5%CO and 150HC at a no load 2000rpm. =C2=A0Forgot to mention I h=
ave 13 inch tires, 205/60 rear 185/60 front.
------=_Part_595839_1126658853.1639256162841

 with the idea that everyone will have comments on their personal experienc=
es and ideas about fuel milage. I don't want to start a two week dialog on =
the subject, but would like to through out a few of my opinions on the subj=
ect. &nbsp;First and foremost fuel mileage and rear tire &nbsp;wear has a d=
irect correlation to your right foot! Secondly gearing would be the next mo=
st bang for the buck, i.e. stock 2:88's and a 5speed OD transmission, follo=
wed with good engine tuning. &nbsp;Tire size that was previously mentioned =
would be very negligible given the restrictions of tire/rim combinations fo=
r our Tigers. &nbsp;I recall in the 50's when the hot dodders were jacking =
up the rear with spring shackles and other methods, us sports car people la=
ughed and figure they have done it for fuel mileage because now it is going=
 down hill all the time, Ha Ha! I can comment that my car had 3:54 gears wi=
th the 4 speed and a k code engine, mileage about as poor as it gets, I cur=
rently have 3:07 gears with a 5speed and with 70-75 highway speed I get 23-=
25mpg. &nbsp;Carb fuel &nbsp;mixture is about 3.5% CO with less than 200HC =
at idle and runs very well, it will lean out to about 2.5%CO and 150HC at a=
 no load 2000rpm. &nbsp;Forgot to mention I have 13 inch tires, 205/60 rear=

------=_Part_595839_1126658853.1639256162841--

--===============3280492511129535280==