wrecked '76 TR6 available

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (SOL), triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumphs)
Subject: wrecked '76 TR6 available
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 95 9:53:37 CDT
Cc: rkriggs@ingr.com (Kevin Riggs), mehardy@ingr.com (Mike Hardy)
Kim Brower, a friend here at Intergraph (and an SOL lurker for several
years) who drove her '76 TR6 daily, was involved in a wreck this
week.  Thankfully, she is OK.  Her car did not fare so well; it is
totalled.  The hit was taken in a rear fender (sorry, I didn't find
out which side).  The car is fine from the doors forward, including
the engine and tranny (don't know if it has o/d).  I can personally
vouch for the reliability of the car, I saw it almost every day here,
year round, rain or shine.  This is an excellent opportunity for
someone to pick up an extra engine, tranny, dash, front bumper, seats,
bonnet, steel wheels, etc.  The diff is probably salvagable.  The car
had a hardtop, too, but I didn't hear whether it survived the
accident (last time I saw the car, late last week, the hardtop was
off, so my guess is that it's OK).

Don't let this one go to the crusher just yet, it's got too many
pieces worth saving.

I have no idea what the asking price is.  Call Kim's father, Jim
Brower, at home at 205-539-0093 for details.

I certainly will miss seeing the mustard yellow TR6 tooling around the
Intergraph campus.  It was one of the very few LBC daily drivers here.
My wife knew Kim back in high school; Kim had a Midget then, apparently
she has always driven LBCs.  Here's hoping a shiny new LBC soon appears
in the parking lot!
--
T.J. Higgins     | tjhiggin@ingr.com         | (205) 730-7922
Intergraph Corp. | Mapping Sciences Division | Huntsville, AL, USA