Re: SOS, Save Our Spits<9506021218.AA09895@chong.dseg.ti.com>

To: pbw@chong.dseg.ti.com
Subject: Re: SOS, Save Our Spits<9506021218.AA09895@chong.dseg.ti.com>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 1995 14:31:01 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>I enjoyed driving my car when it was running and will enjoy it after it
>is restored.  It was a cheaply made car, underpowered (US version),
>lots were made.  Doesn't do much for car collectors but who cares?  I
>am an owner, not a collector.  An advantage is that parts are
>relatively plentiful and inexpensive.

Why put US version in ()'s, the UK spec car's are hardly what I'd call fire
breathing. ;-).

>TeriAnn put it nicely:
>>You don't restore a car to sell it, you do it to fall in love with
>>driving it all over again.

Quite agree with this one though.

>A car's worth is in the eyes of the owner and my car is priceless for
>the memories I made in it and will make when it is restored.

Bye for now

Rich
Northampton
England.
'73 Spit Mk IV high mileage wreck that I wouldn't part with, except for a
Healey 3000, Aston Martin Virage Volante Vantage or possibly a decent
Interceptor.