Re: Bleedin' brakes.

To: Bob.Wilson@dssc.slg.eds.com (Bob Wilson)
Subject: Re: Bleedin' brakes.
From: rorr@eagle.wbm.ca (Rodney Orr)
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 1995 23:48:34 GMT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
At 13:57 01-06-95 -0500, Bob Wilson wrote:
>  The problem I've got now is that ever since bleeding the lines the oil
>light(Brake failure light when ignition is off) stays lit.  Is there such
>a thing as overfilling the reservior?  Or should I look elsewhere?  The
>fluid is not being lost like it was in the past.  And the brakes are solid.
>
>Bob
>'74 TR6

I had a similar problem in that the oil light did not light when the key was
on (but engine not running), and the big red brake failure light remained
lit with the engine running.  Something called the PDWA switch has to be
re-centred because of a difference in pressures between front & back lines
before the brakes were bled.

I'd recommend that you check out the manual or the VTR's on line info - I
just found it tonight.  They've got something specifically about problems
with brake bleeding, including how to recentre the PDWA.

Regards,
Rod.
- - - - -
Rodney Orr