Cam spec help! (TR x-post)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Cam spec help! (TR x-post)
From: paisley@boulder.nist.gov (Scott W. Paisley)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 1995 10:52:00 -0600
I've been working like mad on my '75 TR to get it back to a stock cam.
I had a local machine shop regrind my cam to a milder grind, which he
says is close to stock.

Does someone have the original lift, duration, open/close times on a
TR6 cam?  I've checked all my references, but have come up empty.
(The machine shop couldn't tell me, which means, neither I nor they
know what they REALLY did to my cam.)  :-(

I measured the cam with a dial indicator, and here's what I saw...
(sorry, don't have the open/close times with me)

Lift .240

I measured the cam on my newly aquired '70 TR6 and the lift on that
was .220.

Which is right?  Is there any overlap on a stock cam?  I'd guess there
might be some...

Thanks!

-Scotty