Seat Stuff

To: "'Triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat Stuff
From: bswinehart <bswinehart@netrix.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 95 14:35:00 PDT
Encoding: 21 TEXT
Hello All,

I'm in the process of restoring the interior of my TR6.  Everything's going
well except for the seats.  I bought the seat foam and straps from TRF who I
prefer doing business with.  However, they had only three of the necessary
six straps per seat.  I just found out that I can get the straps from Moss,
which will take care of that problem.  But, I was wondering if this has been
a problem to anyone else in the past and if alternative fabricating was
tried.  Before calling Moss I considerd buying and cutting rubber and using
the old clips to do the job.

I'm also having a problem getting the pins that hold the head restraints in
place.   Perhaps a strong spring would do the job.  Has anyone tried this?

The third issue is the foam for the headrests.  It's not readily available.
 I can find a trim shop to perhaps cut a piece for it or try a soft urethane
injector or maybe pourable foam.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill