TR 3,4 Oil Pressure

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 3,4 Oil Pressure
From: skj@ljo.dec.com
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 95 14:37:06 -0400
I recently acquired a TR 3B, and have noticed the oil pressure seems on
the low side.  When cold, it runs about 60, and drops to around 30 when
driving at normal temp, and around 20 at idle ... all according to the
oil pressure gauge in the car.  Am I correct in assuming this is low ?
If so, what sort of things should I check and fix to correct the problem ?
By the way, I don't know the history on the engine, but compression is good
(145-160 in all 4 cyinders), it doesn't have any major oil leaks, and does
not seem to burn any oil (at least in the small amount of driving I've done).

Thanks,
Scott