Re[2]: Hammers and Speedwrenches

To: P.J.Willson@qmw.ac.uk, triumphs@autox.team.net, AMurray001@aol.com
Subject: Re[2]: Hammers and Speedwrenches
From: "Himelfarb, Mike" <mike@sdm.ShoppersDrugMart.ca>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 05:57:47 -0400
Encoding: 823 Text
Wow... and educational too!  I wasn't aware there *were* asparagus
fields in Illinois.  Must be pretty tough asparagus if you need an
adjustable crescent wrench ;-)

Subject: Re: Hammers and Speedwrenches
Author:  AMurray001@aol.com at INTERNET
Date:    6/8/95 9:05 PM

Actually,

an adjustable Crescent Wrench is properly considered a "Mexican Speed
Wrench".  This term comes from the thrifty habit of migrant workers carrying
such an economical tool on travels north.  I have heard it referred to as
such in the asparagus fields of Central Illinois.

It is, by the way, not incorrect, politically or otherwise (IMHO), to use
this term in reference to an "adjustable spanner".

A hammer is a still just a hammer.