GT6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6
From: BLAND J-P <94353875@mmu.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 1995 17:07:54 GMT
Hi there,

I mailed the list a while back about buying a Spitfire Mk3. Due to
the advice I received I decided to buy it, agreed the price, and
aranged to pick it up with the payment a few days later. A day before the
transaction I got a message saying it wasn't for sale anymore. I
discovered I had been beaten to it/out bidded/ 'Gazumped'.
 I was not particularly happy, I can tell you!

Anyway, it wasn't the end of the world as I am now the proud, and
very happy owner of a 1972, GT6 Mk3, this having replaced my somewhat
dull 10 year old Vauxhall Astra as my form of transport.
I had some fun when the 'windscreen wiper/indicator/stop light/fuel
gauge/temp gauge' fuse blew during a drive in persistant light rain,
necessitating my driving with the window open, rubber squeegee
in hand, occasionally scraping the screen, and also having to use arm
signals when turning, and flicking my side lights on when braking!
Thankfully I didn't have far to go, and since replacing the burnt out
wiper motor, have not had more trouble.

I have read with interest the dialogue on TR O/D gearbox oil, and was
wondering if this relates to my O/D as well?

Cheers all
J.P.