Re: Window channel tips

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Window channel tips
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 1995 02:14:05 -0400
Wow what a response to my message!  Everyone has written me asking to share
any tips I get through private e-mail.  I guess lots of people are having
this problem.

Dan "been there, done all that" P. Wrote:

>.  If you do buy new channels, test fit them first with the door
>    disassembled to determine the correct length to cut off and
>    the best mount position for the brackets.  Just copying the
>    original position and length can be unsatisfactory.

Thanks for the tips there Danny.  It appears to be the combinaiton of rivots
and deteriorated fuzzy stuff in all my doors.  Must be a weak point in the
design.  If I re-attach the brackets, I think I'll glue and rivot them in
place.  Wouldn't want to go to all this trouble just have my wobbly wheels
shake the channels apart again.

Thanks again.

Scott Tilton