Re: Engine woes

To: MikeDQ@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine woes
From: Bombur2@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 1995 01:44:55 -0400
Pessimist that I am, Michael, it would seem as though you are still getting
lots of blow-by to cause so much crankcase pressure. I've never heard of that
level of leakage, especially with assumably fresh gaskets installed. My vote
is a baaddd ring job...

The smoke in the valve cover may be from worn valve guides.

The oil indicator light may be; faulty sender, worn pump,  worn mains, or a
weak oil valve ( I can't think of the real name) spring if Spits have 'em.
The oil pressure reading from the gauge will be a good indicator. If your
pressure is generally low even when the engine has not reached operating
temp, it's time for bearings and/or pump. It the pressure is high, it may be
just the sender.

Peter Firla