Look at TR3A, need advice.

Subject: Look at TR3A, need advice.
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 08:38:25 -0400 (EDT)
Hi all,

   I went to Gloucester yesterday to look at a 59 TR3A.  It seemed like what
I wanted, (which is a car that is a reasonable first restoration project)
but I wanted to see what people on the list thought.

   It was in ok shape, the frame was totally solid, the body was for the
most part solid and rust free, though there is some rot (See below) and some
bondo on the fenders.  The interior was complete but basically ratty all
around.  The car runs and drives and is currently registered and inspected.

   Here are the problems that I could see:

        The floors are rotted/replaced with fiberglass.

        The inner sills are rotted out.

        There is some bubble up rust on the lower fenders, mostly coming
        from the rotted sills.

        The current engine is a TR4 engine. The man has got a TR3 engine
        (but not the original engine) and carb setup.

   He's asking $4800 for the car.  I was thinking of offering $4400
including the TR3 engine.

   Anybody have any useful advice or information?

                                                Jeremy DuBois
                                                Programmer/System Administrator
                                                Thermalogic Corporation