Re: Look at TR3A, need advice.

To: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Subject: Re: Look at TR3A, need advice.
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 09:10:40 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 20 Jun 1995, Jeremy DuBois wrote:

> Hi all

> The car runs and drives and is currently registered and inspected.
>

>       The floors are rotted/replaced with fiberglass.
>       The inner sills are rotted out.
>       There is some bubble up rust on the lower fenders, mostly coming
>       from the rotted sills.
>       The current engine is a TR4 engine. The man has got a TR3 engine
>       (but not the original engine) and carb setup.
>    He's asking $4800 for the car.
>    Anybody have any useful advice or information?

>       Jeremy

        It seems to me tha with all the non-original parts and bodge
        repairs that this car is a bit overpriced. Granted, my experience
        runs to TR4s but, I have seen 3As bought and sold in the described
        condition for $1-2,500. You'll easily spend $5,000 to get it
        decent but since it's not original, it won't be worth much more than
        $7-8,000.

        Of course, YMMV...

        Gregory

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois