Re: Light quiz

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Light quiz
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 15:21:49 -0900 (PDT)
On Tue, 20 Jun 1995, Greg Meboe wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jun 1995, Andrew Mace wrote:
> >
> > ...different taillamp lens for 1970 Spitfires and GT6s (as opposed to
> > 1962-69), at least until the lens became NLS.
> >
> > Quiz: Do any of you "round-tail" Spit/GT6 fans know the difference?
>
> Ok, I'll bite.
>       The area of the reflector for the 70 tail lens was less, since the car
> sported separate rear tail reflectors.
>
> Or I may have it backwards, it's been awhile since I sold my '70.

Close enough, Greg. The lens on the 1970 models (U.S. anyway) actually had
no shiny metal piece inside to back up the area that had previously been
the reflector.

Whether Triumph and Lucas were mandated to come with a different lens,
or they just decided to come up with what they must have known would be
a one-year-only part...well, that's another mystery! Or could that lens
have been used somewhere else?

Andy Mace