Buff it!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Buff it!
From: davcla@ix.netcom.com (David Clark)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 10:21:19 -0700
Hi All,

I just can't help putting in my .02 again!

When it comes to buffing,  and I know how we all like to do most of the
work on our LBC's ourselves,  I would reccomend having it profesionally
done.  I have seen a lot of DIY buffs and the swirls were enough to
make me dizzy.

Not that most of the detail shops do that much better of a job but
there are a few that have at least one good detailer.  I would
reccomend that you go out on a good sunny day and see if any of them
have any black cars that were just done and sitting out.  If you can
find one and it looks like a good job was done se if you could work out
a good deal and be sure that the person that did the 'black' car does
yours.  I wouldn't expect to pay more than a $100.00 bucks for a good
job.  FWIW I usually try to pull the guy aside and see if he would do
it on the side.  I generally haven't paid more than $50.00 in the past.

If your car isn't heavily oxidized then maybe it would be OK to give it
a shot but if it is, and a good bit of old paint needs to come off then
I would probably defer to the pro's.  When you ghave to go with a
heavier grit it is to easy to burn or go through the pain.

Sorry,  I couldn't help it!

Good Luck!

David Clark