Re: TR4 keys...

To: British Cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 keys...
From: Bill Sohl Budd Lake <billsohl@planet.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 23:27:11 -400 (EDT)
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>

On Fri, 23 Jun 1995, Andrew Mace wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 1995 Charles.Y.Farwell@att.com wrote:
>
> >     I have one key for my TR4, which works on only doors and
> >     ignition. Original equipment included another key for the
> >     glovebox and trunk. Anyone know how I can get a replacement for
> >     that other key?
>
> Charlie, I seem to recall that the key number (but, alas, not the prefix
> letters) can be found on the square shaft of the trunk handle). I don't
> know TR4 locks all that well, but I do remember on some of my Heralds
> that the glovebox/trunk lock was a different make and style of key
> (double-sided, and maybe SS prefix) than was the ignition/door, the latter
> being the traditional Wilmot Breeden, probably FP or FS series?
> Andy Mace

Andy gives good info and here's another source from the VTR
classidfieds:

Keys for British Cars - From 1960 thru 1970s, original Wilmot Breeden
Keys: FA, FP, FS, and FT, $10 each.  Keys cut by code, sible cut, $5
each, double sided cut, $8 each.  Blanks for later models.  Inquiry or
orders, include SASE,.  Pete Groh, 9957 Frederick Rd., Ellicott City, MD
21042  (410-750-2352, 7pm to 9pm EST)

Hope that helps
Bill Sohl  K2UNK     (Budd lake, New Jersey)      (billsohl@planet.net)