Re: Wire Wheels - Again

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels - Again
From: egilk@oslonett.no (Egil Kvaleberg)
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 1995 19:20:13 +0100
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
In article <v02120d01ac11c5419bd9@[38.11.131.57]>,
pp001287@interramp.com (Henry Frye) wrote:
> When putting a wheel on a spline, I encounter a little rotational play between
> the spline and the hub of the wheel on a few of my wheels.  My guess is this
> is a bad sign!

I will install wire wheels on my Largish Brit Car in not too far a future.
Does anyone have any advice on how to avoid such misfortunes, or is it
unavoidable after a few years?

(Yes, I know the best method of avoiding such misfortunes is to use mag
wheels, being better than wires in every respect (except looks), but I
simply won't listen :-).

Egil

--
Email: egilk@oslonett.no  Voice: +47 22523641/92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Smail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway