Re: Oil Pressure (again)

To: Barry Adams <adams@civ.utoronto.ca>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure (again)
From: pcarson@primenet.com (Paul A. Carson)
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 1995 16:13:29 -0700
At 05:55 PM 6/24/95 -0400, Barry Adams wrote:
>I am also a newcomer to SOLdom having recently acquired a 1967 TR4A.
>What causes some anxiety, is that at a long stop when the pressure is
>down to the 20-25 psi range, the red oil pressure light comes on.

Well Barry, unless every TR-4A I've owned (3) is different than yours, the
red light is not an oil pressure light, but an ignition warning light.  It
will glow when the ignition is turned on and also when the engine is running
but the TR's electrical production system (generator and voltage regulator)
is not up to snuff.  The voltage regulator may need to be adjusted and/or
the generator may need new bushes.  The light will glow at low RPM's when
there is more electricity being lost than produced.(Or something like that)
The TR's oil pressure is fine.

Paul A. Carson                         1967 Triumph TR-4A / CTC 78299LO
Program Manager/Flight Test Navigator  1974 Norton Commando 850 Mk. II
Big Safari                             1988 Isuzu Trooper SE
Lockheed - Martin Aircraft Services    1993 Honda Civic EX
Ontario, Ca
(909) 338-9873

Yes...I really do wear a Nomex flight suit to work everyday...to keep the
flames off!