Re[2]: TR4 tire sizes

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re[2]: TR4 tire sizes
From: "jpratchi" <jpratchi@isdlink1.ess.harris.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 95 17:46:20 est
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mark posted;
>At one point, I was running 8.5" wheels with 225/45/15 Hoosiers on a TR4,
>no fender mods needed.  And 215/60/15 tires are also no problem, that's
>what I run on my TR250.

   I know very little about wheels and tires.  What are the reasonable limits on
wheel width and tire size/profile that can be used on a Spitfire?  My own
calculations seem to indicate that 205/60/13s could work if they can be mounted
on the 5.5" wheels, at least on the rear.  Does anyone have experience with
larger tires/wheels on Spitfires?  I would like to know the limits front and
rear for wheels and tire sizes.

  thanks,   John Pratchios