Re: TR3 Front Brake Calipers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Front Brake Calipers
From: paisley@boulder.nist.gov (Scott W. Paisley)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 08:24:17 -0600
Keith Bennett writes:

 > I've heard that an airline may do the job.

Marc-Air maybe, but then again, they had three planes grounded a few
days ago.  Maybe not.  :-)

I had a seized caliper on a '73 motorcycle a few years ago.  I used a
small brake line to connect the master cylinder to push the pistons as
far out as possible.  Then I split the caliper, and used compressed
air to blow the piston(s) out over a trash can filled with crumpled up
newspaper.  When the piston blew out of the caliper, it FLEW out like
a deer slug out of a shotgun.  I was glad to have the paper soften the
impact of the cylinder and it protected me too!  Compressed air is a
good thing.

Good luck,

-Scotty
  '70 TR6