Re: Spit overdrive

To: Scions of Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spit overdrive
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 09:56:45 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 1 Aug 1995 WATSON@wmich.edu wrote:

> We talked about you at the VTR Convention. Wishing you and your new daughter
> (and wife) good health.  How about driving to Albany next year ;).

We would have really enjoyed coming.  We spent our honeymoon at VTR 93 in
Seattle and it was wonderful.

> My Spit is a 78 with the ignition on the column. I'm still geeked about
> installing overdrive and will be looking for ways to hide it.

        Geeked huh.  Well, I thought about your problem, and I think I may
have something for you.  It would be totally hidden.  My idea is that you
re-wire one of the current stalk push switches to actuate an overdrive relay.
That means you'd forfeit either your horn or your windshield washer fluid
pump.  Now me, I never use my washer because it gets the car dirty and wet.
I just clean my windscreen regularly and carry napkins with me if I get
horribly bug zapped.
        My idea is that you would press the switch momentarily then release,
and the overdrive would engage or disengage, depending on the current
mode.  I could 'talk' you through the wiring and parts aquisition to help
you make it look factory and be quite reliable.

 > Margaret (autocross champ) Watson  78 SPIT

You're an autocross champ?  That's great.  Dianne really enjoyed driving the
Spit in the autocross at VTR 93, and she won the women's spitfire class.  She
and I did the Funkhana together, and got FTD.  It was a blast!

Let me know,

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6