Re: Nuts and bolts, TR250

To: "R. Kyle Schmidt" <rkschmid@novice.uwaterloo.ca>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nuts and bolts, TR250
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 17:27:20 -0700 "Re: Nuts and bolts, TR250" (Aug 3, 6:55pm)
        While we are at it, I would reccomend 2 other books by Carroll Smith:
        Engineer to Win (I think it is his best) and Tune to win. All books are
        applicable to our cars even though they are written for racing.

Agreed; they're great books. But I learned the most, while starting out, from
Prepare To Win - it taught me a lot about building a safe and reliable car that
just isn't in the workshop manuals, and usually comes from years of experience
(and lots of breakdowns). Applying the technology and the "philosophy", if you
will, from PrepToWin, I've completed several multi-thousand mile journeys in my
TR4A and GT6+ with no breakdowns along the road.

Carroll Smith just plain doesn't like his race cars to break. And I don't like
my road cars to break, either.