Re: TR6 Hard top-pro/con

To: JERRYTOY@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Hard top-pro/con
From: rorr@eagle.wbm.ca (Rodney Orr)
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 1995 21:42:38 -0600
Jerry,
I've just picked up a hard top from someone else here on the list.  Its in
tough shape - especially rusted around the base of the B-pillars.  I do hope
to put all right again and use it to extend my driving season up here a
little bit.  Besides, I like the look of it, although open air is best.

I'm pretty sure that the soft top has to come off first, as some of the
attaching hardware uses the same points.

FYI, TRF sells a re-print of the original factory fitting instructions for
the hard top.  I don't have a copy yet, though.  Their part number is
RPF290, and is only a few dollars I think.

Rod.
'70 TR6  CC55899L