Re: Car covers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car covers
From: "Chris Boston" <cboston@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 07:55:11 +0000
Richard,

> Does anyone have any comments or suggestions for a winter car cover for my
> Vitesse, here in the UK?

I bought the one from the TSSC. it is expensive (about 100 pounds), but fits
well, and has air gaps to allow the engine to breath, or cool down.

Do you use the vitesse as a daily driver?

If so, you will find (as I have) that it is more trouble than it is worth to
put the cover on every night and take it off every morning - and then, where do
you put the vast area of wet cloth while you go off to work!

My current working practice is to use either the tonneu or hood most nights,
depending on the weather, and only use the cover when the car will be laid up
for a few days.

I hope this is of some use,

Chris.

--
       1977 Spitfire 1500 O/D. (Everyday/Only Driver)