Pig in a Poke

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Pig in a Poke
From: ALAN_COSTICH@HPATC1.desk.hp.com
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 95 08:36:00 -0500
Well, I never thought IT could happen to me. I have
read about IT. I have heard about IT. Seems that every
one on this list has experienced IT. I have, at times,
been overcome with envy because of others' finding IT.

Last Saturday I went with a bunch of club members to an
"auction". The proverbial barn full of cars. Yes, indeed!
Among the treasures were a tr4, tr3, sunbeam alpine. And
rooms full of nos parts.

Truthfully,(have I ever lied to youse?), I never looked at
at the cars 'cause I thought "no way". Tuesday evening I
realized that no one had any interest in the tr3. Yesterday
I called the owner of the barn. Made an offer. An obscenely
low offer for the tr3. He accepted. I now own a tr3. Not
pristine, mind you, but, a tr3 never-the-less. Who would have
ever thought that I could own a tr3?

Yes, the treasure in the barn just waiting to be uncovered.

I can't tell you anymore about this car. I know that the wind
screen is off the car and the bonnet is not on the car. (I know
this only because someone else who was there last Satuday told
me. Like I said, I didn't pay much attention to the cars. I was
too busy pawing through the bins and boxes of parts.) It was like
being in heaven.

I remember that the cylinder head was off the motor. But, there
was aat least one head available. And it was a high port. There
was also an alloy valve cover that I will get.

Can anyone think of any unobtainable tr3 parts that I should try to
find before I leave the barn? The owner said that in the up coming
weeks, if any other tr3 stuff turns up, he would be sure to get it
to me. He is not a brit car person.

Can you believe this?

Alan