"Design" Contest Results To Date

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: "Design" Contest Results To Date
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 95 07:34:32 EST
Yes, it's that moment you've been waiting for...what is the most miserable
invention those whacky Standard-Triumph engineers came up with to make our
lives miserable?!?

In first place, it's TR4/4A Fan Belt Replacement - Try and get that thick belt
past the steering rack and fan!  I give blood every time I have to do this.

Second place is held by the one that started it all: removing/adjusting the
TR7 distributor.  I haven't adjusted ours yet, but I'm saving Jack Daniels and
asprin for the attempt which will come oh-so-soon.

Bringing up the rear in third is ever-so-popular Herald differential oil change.
What's so difficult about this?  All you have to do is remove an axle and tip
the car on its side.....

Honorable mentions go out to TR7 head studs, TR6 oil filters, early TR clutch
fork pins, and Sptifire thrust washers among many.

Just to make you all feel better: I replaced the starter on our Nissan Stanza
last week.  I had to remove half the fuel injection system, air intake plenum
and hoses, engine mountings, both ignition coils, and all the vacuum and
cooling system hoses aft the radiator not to mention the pollution control
system equipment.  Arrrrghh!  4 hours of labor and many cuss words.  Point of
interest: one cannot even see the starter until 1 hour into the disassembly!
Did British Leyland host Nissan engineers on an "engineer swap" program?

Bruce Clough