Re: RE:strange engine number<Pine.PCW.3.91.951102095037.4759D-100000@dos

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: RE:strange engine number<Pine.PCW.3.91.951102095037.4759D-100000@dos185.nysed.gov>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 1995 15:34:59 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>On Thu, 2 Nov 1995, Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570 wrote:

>> Secondly, a friend who has been to John Kippings house says that among the
>> piles of chassis, engines, g/boxes and O/D's he has several of these 4WD
>> gearboxes, weather he intends to sell them I don't know, but they would make
>an
>> interesting project if he would.  Not the first 4WD road going saloon by any
>> means (stand up the Jensen FF) but definately one to beat the Audi Quattro
>:-)

>Never mind the 1300 saloon. How 'bout adapting such a setup to a
>Spitfire or, better yet, a Herald Coupe? Maybe use torsion bar front
>suspension, etc., etc. ;-)

>Andrew Mace
>"4WD" Herald Consultant
>Vintage Triumph Register
>amace@unix2.nysed.gov

Not a bad idea at all, I've got an old 6.3 Litre Jensen(Chrysler) V8 in the
garage so there may be a use for that old 13/60 Estate of mine after all, Hows
a 63/330 Herald Estate sound......:-)

Anyone any idea's about free wheeling hubs on the front for when 2WD only is
needed?

What do ya' reckon Terriann, it'd be an alternative to them old Land Rovers you
seem to like :-)

Still don't think it would beat my friends 100 inch Discovery based 3.9 V8 Land
Rover Trialler(sp) though!!!!!

Ooops, sorry, this is a Triumph list ain't it(I've been flamed in the past for
going off subject, ie women, wouldn't dare do it again)  ;-)

Rich