Repair for Dummies/1st tune up

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Repair for Dummies/1st tune up
From: GBSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 22:18:00 -0500
     Some of you may remember a while ago when I wrote asking about a book
for dummies.  I actually found one called Auto Repair for Dummies.  I can now
say that I understand instead of having a vauge idea how a car works and how
each of the parts actually does what it does.  I always knew that the
distributor was part of the electrical system, but never knew what it really
did.  The book was written in straightforward language and I recommend it for
any other closet dummies out there.
   Now..... DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!! armed with my dummy book, Bentley manual,
parts from TRF, new Colortune, Uni-Syn, timing light, dwell tach meter and
other essentials from Auto Zone......... my car is slated for minor surgery
in the garage this Saturday.  New spark plugs, points, rotor, condenser, fuel
filter, ignition wires, air filters and some carburetor adjustments- not much
for most of you, but a giant leap for me.   (I rolled into the Authorized
Triumph Service garage and handed over my Passport to Service in the old
days.)
     I ask each of you to pause at some point on Saturday, face the general
direction of Louisiana and send up a prayer that I manage to get it all back
together.  (Or face Britain and pray for the car!- depending on how skeptical
you are regarding my abilities!)         I will report on Monday with success
or request shoulders to cry on.           Grace