re: GT6 racing heritage

To: Dave Williamson <silikal@aol.com>
Subject: re: GT6 racing heritage
From: Tom Gentry <TGENTR@wgc.woodward.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 95 16:16:00 PST
Cc: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu.wgcinet>
Encoding: 22 TEXT
>I've heard tales that Group 44 spent upwards of $10K reengineering
>the rear end so that it worked well...

>>Does anyone have information on what the end result was?
>>Or a description of what the current Trick Racing Setup is?

You could check with Bob Tullius and Kas Kastner ;^)

I have also read that Kas had a vibration analysis done on the TR-6 crank
and actually ended up ADDING weight to cancel out some of the vibrations.
 I've never seen the actual data, though.  While the factory competition
manuals are good, I'm sure Kas and company weren't about to give up ALL
their secrets.  Might be bad for job security if the privateers start
beating the "factory" on a regular basis, you know.

BTW, I got Kas to sign my comp. manual a few years ago at an IMSA race.  He
seemed quite surprised, and I think pleased/amused, that some of us still
remember his Triumph days.  I wish I could have chatted a bit longer and
maybe picked his brain a bit, but it seems he had some trivial matter of
another GTP championship to win.