[no subject]

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 11:52:45 -0600
(snip)
>BTW, one thing I do not like on these Spit brake systems is the poor quality
>(soft) compression fittings at the tube ends.  If they are tight, the hex nut
>tends to mash instead of successfully turning on the threads.  You may want
>to buy one of those special fitting wrenches.  They are sort of an open end
>wrench, but not quite as open as a normal open end wrench.  They get a better
>grip on the nut.

(snip)

these wrenches should always be used for any brass nut, the problem isn't
design/material quality, they are brass by design (corrosion resistant) and
therefore soft (as the software companies often reply to our complaints:
"that's a feature, not a bug")
you should get one of these wrenches to fit all your hydraulic tubing/hose
nuts as they're all likely to be brass
joe