Re: Headlamps

To: cboston@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headlamps
From: Gary Saunders <garys@greybox.win-uk.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 1995 17:44:56

>Now that the days are getting shorter (At least here in U.K. they are).  I am
>beginning to really struggle to see anything through the windscreen.  The
>reason: Those pathetic headlights fixed to the front of my spit.
>
>I recently took a Peugot 405 hire car out for a spin, and it was almost like
>driving in daylight with the lights on...
>
>I want this sort of visibility when in the spit.
>
>Can any of you good folk recommend a GOOD set of replacement headlights and/or
>suggest the type of bulb/wattage I should be looking for.
>
>Regards,
>
>Chris.
>
>--
>       1977 Spitfire 1500 O/D. (Everyday/Only Driver)
>The Halogen Headlamp Conversion kits from the TSSC are good.
We fitted the 60/55 kit to my 1500 Spitfire without any trouble.
(They also do a 100/80 kit but this needs a  relay.)
Until April this year I did 50 miles per day and the new lights
made a great deal of difference.  Not as good as the ones on my
new Micra though - maybe we should have gone for the 100/80s.

NB - TSSC 'phone no +44 (0)1858 434424

Heather Saunders -

***** heather.saunders@swec.com *****