Re: Clutch hydrolics

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch hydrolics
From: Obadiah Fayth <fayth@lclark.edu>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 21:42:40 -0800 (PST)
I have an Alfa, I know its not a Triumph (its not even a convertable) but
I had a very similar problem. The clutch would release just an inch or so
off the floor but it was drivable, in fact it worked just fine. A month
or so ago the slave cylinder went out and so, because I did not have the
time, space, or tools handy I took it to a mechanic. When I went to pick
it up the mech. told me he had had a hard time bleading the system. After
driving it I realized that it now released even closer to the floor. Of
course the master had to go too, so I changed that and then tried to
bleed the system.
     Try as I might I could not even get it good enough to drive. I
finally had to resort to taking it to the dealer who "power bled" the
system. Power bleeding involves attaching a source of compressed air, and
pressurizing the system. Then you can just open the valve and let it flow
until the bubbles stop.
     I am happy to say that it now works even better than before. In fact
it probibly now releases about 2-1/2 in. off the floor. Anyway I thought
this might help. Good luck with the job.

Obadiah Fayth
fayth@lclark.edu