TR6 clutch fix

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 clutch fix
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 09:02:40 -0500 (EST)
Good morning:
The TR6 Clutch Dilemma has returned, I see. For those of you not paying
attention, there are quite a few TR6's with stiff trigger clutches out
there. A recent post by Glenn Franco suggests an adjustable length pushrod
which he has used with success for a while. I have made, but not
installed, a similar part. This serves to move the piston of the slave
cylinder back into the bore and regain the full stroke. One may position
the release point of the clutch by this method. Yes, I know hydraulic
systems are self-adjusting, but in the absence of any other apparent fault
this will undoubtedly fix the problem. I have a detailed drawing of this
assembly which any machine shop can make if any one wishes a copy. Perhaps
we can finally put this to rest and get on with more important matters,
like waiting for it to get warm again.

Phil Barnes  '71 TR6  CC61193