stuck rear diff. bolt/spit

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: stuck rear diff. bolt/spit
From: CAMMAVI@MAIL.AUBURN.EDU (Vince Cammarata)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 03:02:36 -0600
Dear fellow enthusiasts:  2 months ago I acquired a '65 Spit.
Mk 2 as a "project."  This is the 2nd spit I'm attempting, the
previous '68 was refurbished from '75-'76, was a daily driver
'til '83 when I was forced to part with it.  This one has been in
pieces for at least 7 years.  Well, its about ready for an off body
experience but still I have a problem.  The bolt on the frame mount
on the rear of the differential is stuck.  Apparently the rubber
bushings have a metallic sleeve that is now rusted to the bolt
and no amount of hammering or turning is moving the bolt out.
A fellow enthus. down here (AL) went as far as to cut his frame
to get it out.  The question, how many others have had this problem
and what is the collective wisdom on removing it (I refuse to cut
my frame.)  Thanx in advance for any help or sympathy.

Vince Cammarata
2 Spits in 20 yrs?