Re: TR6 Timing - Distributor

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Timing - Distributor
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 95 11:17:00 PST
Text item:

Yes, this is how you're supposed to do it.  I think this is very similar
to the GT6.  Also, after just having gone through all this timing mess a
couple of weeks ago, set the timing statically(sp?) and don't bother
with the dynamic timing.  The procedure is outlined in the manual and
use the test light as they suggest to indicate when the points open
rather than by eye.

Mike

MY QUESTION.  The distributor has a screw that holds a clamping plate to the
block - this can be loosened and a small amount of adjustment made.  However
this is not enough - can I loosen the bolt and nut that appears to tighten
the clamp around the distributor shank (?) and turn the distributor even
more.  AND should this be done with or without the engine running.

Thanks for any help - and keep your eye open for GRACE'S discription of our
antics (she is the writer in our house)

JoeSimcoe

Text item: External Message Header